Text: 1 Samuel 26 – Saul again pursues David, and David again refrains from killing Saul, despite being given another opportunity.
- David initiates this incident.
- David faces a more insidious temptation.
- David’s faith seems stronger in that he has additional context to understand the sovereignty of God.
- David seems to focus on Abner as much as Saul.
- David establishes some distance between he and the army before he reveals himself.
The motivation to endure
- What is God offering? A reward, not wages for our effort. Romans 6:23, James 1:17, Hebrews 6:10
- Who is God offering it to?
- On what basis is it being offered?
Listen to the podcast
Watch the video stream:
Sermon series: The Life of David: Shepherd. Poet. Warrior. Friend. KING. See all sermons in this series.
Photo credit: http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_States_Marine_Corps_Recruit_Training