Growth and development is required in the workplace and in athletics, but is sadly ignored in many churches.
- You need to be in step with the spirit of God (Galatians 5:16-17, Jude 10).
- You need to be nourished by the Word of God (Hebrews 5:12-14).
- You need to be given toward serving others.
- You need to work at it.
Expectations for Believers
- We are God’s field (1 Corinthians 3:5-9).
- We are God’s building (1 Corinthians 3:10-15).
- We are God’s temple (1 Corinthians 3:16-17).
God isn’t just interested in justification (declaring us righteous in his sight), but also sanctification (living out our faith).
Listen to the Podcast
Sermon series: The Marks of a Healthy Church. See all sermons in this series »
Photo credit: https://commons.m.wikimedia.org/wiki/File:Female_Growth_Chart.PNG