Text: Luke 19:1-27
Conversion in Action (v1-10)
- Conversion involves the intervention of Jesus in the life of the sinner (John 7:37, Acts 2:39, 1 Corinthians 1:9).
- Conversion involves a humble response of faith.
- Conversion is validated by an observable change of behavior.
Kingdom Reality (v11-27)
- There were the majority of citizens who openly rejected the king and spurned his authority.
- These are those servants who pledged themselves to the king and served him faithfully.
- There were those servants who pledged themselves to the king but did not actually serve him.
Zaccheus shows what it genuinely looks like to turn from sin and turn to Christ. What about the other 7 servants in the parable? What about us?
Listen to the Podcast
Sermon series: The Marks of a Healthy Church. See all sermons in this series »
Photo credit: https://www.flickr.com/photos/sidm/7026077961
Leave a Reply