A healthy church is a praying church—in personal, small group, and corporate settings.
House Rules for the Church
- We need to make prayer a priority (v1a).
- We need to pray correctly (v1b).
- Supplication – we ought to approach God with desperation.
- Prayers – we ought to approach God with adoration.
- Intercessions – we ought to approach God with humility.
- Thanksgiving – we ought to approach God with gratitude.
- We need to pray for those we don’t want to pray for (v1c-2a).
- We need to see prayer as critical to our mission (v2b-7). Do we want to see people come to Christ??
- We need to prepare to pray (v8, Isaiah 1:15, 1 Peter 3:7, James 5:16).
If CH Spurgeon is right that prayer is critical to a healthy, effective church, how healthy are we?
Listen to the Podcast
Sermon series: The Marks of a Healthy Church. See all sermons in this series »
Photo credit: https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Prayer