Text: 2 Samuel 19:9-43 – David establishes his kingdom, granting pardon to his former enemies. The tribes of Israel exuberantly welcome him and actually fight over who gets to serve him.
The Ressurection as the Decisive Victory
- We should receive the conquering King for the right reasons (v9-15)
- We should receive him because of all he has done for us (v9).
- We should receive him because we would be embarrassed if we didn’t (v11-12).
- We should receive dhim because he is well-intentioned toward us (in spite of our rebellion/sin, v16-40).
- We should receive the conquering king in the right way (v16-40).
- We should receive him with humility (Shimei, v16-23).
- We should receive him with joy (Mephibosheth, v24-30).
- We should receive him with sacrifice (Barzillai, v31-40).
- We should receive the conquering king with the right perspective (v41-43).
- Look expectantly to God for grace (v24-31).
Listen to the Podcast
Sermon series: The Life of David: Shepherd. Poet. Warrior. Friend. KING. See all sermons in this series.
Photo credit: http://www.geograph.org.uk/photo/2413281