Text: Matthew 15:1-28
Identifying the Son of David
When your days are fulfilled and you lie down with your fathers, I will raise up your offspring after you, who shall come from your body, and I will establish his kingdom. He shall build a house for my name, and I will establish the throne of his kingdom forever. (2 Samuel 7:12-13 ESV)
- Jesus possesses the keys to the kingdom (Luke 1:31-32, 2 Timothy 2:8)
- Jesus wields authority of the kingdom (Matthew 12:22-23)
- Jesus stands above the kingdom (Revelation 5:5, Revelation 22:16)
Responding to the Son of David
- You will respond humbly.
- You will request boldly. Have you stopped praying boldly? Have you stopped praying?
- You will persist expectantly.
Don’t allow your heart to become calloused to Jesus’ call.
Listen to the Podcast
Sermon series: The Life of David: Shepherd. Poet. Warrior. Friend. KING. See all sermons in this series.