Text: Acts 15:16
The Jerusalem Council
- They received the Holy Spirit by faith – apart from any human merit.
- God had done miracles among them (which was always an indication of genuine faith).
- The had predicted the inclusion of the Gentiles.
- Jesus would restore the fallen of David (Amos 9:11-12).
What does this mean for the Gentiles?
- It provides access to God (2 Samuel 6:16-17).
- It legitimizes our standing with the people of Israel.
- It requires us to turn away from all competing allegiances. Jesus cannot just be added to our own agendas and values.
- It sensitizes us to the fact that God is drawing together a diverse people for his name.
Listen to the Podcast
Sermon series: The Life of David: Shepherd. Poet. Warrior. Friend. KING. See all sermons in this series.
Photo credit: https://www.flickr.com/photos/53199286@N00/8444384705
Leave a Reply