Text: 1 Samuel 21-22 – David on the run from Saul.
On the run
- David seeks supplies and a sword from the priests of Nob (21:1-9).
- David tries to find anonymity in the Philistine city of Gath (21:10-15).
- David retreats to an isolated cave in Adullum (22:1-2).
- David flees to a defensible fortress in Moab (22:3-4).
- Don’t look to other things to provide the security that only God can provide (2 Kings 18:21).
- Don’t fixate on changing your circumstances (1 Corinthians 7:17, 1 Peter 2:19)
- Don’t allow fear to become an excuse for disobedience (1 Samuel 13:11-12).
A new perspective
1 Samuel 22:23 – “stay with me,” a picture of the security we have in Christ.
Listen to the podcast
Watch the video stream:
Sermon series: The Life of David: Shepherd. Poet. Warrior. Friend. KING. See all sermons in this series.
Photo credit: http://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/File:Velna_ala_(Devil’s_Cave)_-_inside.JPG