Why value and prioritize the church?
- The local church is the context in which we live out the unconditional, enduring reality of the family (Matthew 18:15)
- The local church is the means by which we grow in sanctification (Matthew 18:15-17). Isolation is a dangerous condition for the believer.
- The local church is a reflection of what is happening in heaven (Matthew 18:18-20)
- It bears the authority of Christ (v18).
- It has the ear of God in prayer.
- It represents the presence of Christ. See 1 Corinthians 5:12.
How should we respond?
- Make sure you are a part of the family.
- Take church discipline seriously.
- Be encouraged to know that God is working through his church.
- Embrace the responsibility that comes with being a member of the family.
Listen to the podcast
Watch the video stream:
Sermon series: Swimming Upstream in a Downstream World. See all sermons in this series.
Photo credit: http://pixabay.com/en/wayside-chapel-chapel-343505/