Text: Luke 11:5-13
Prayer is the one infallible mark and test of being a Christian. –E.M. Bounds
Ye there is a tragic lack of prayer – one reason – a wondering/questioning if God is really attentive and will respond to my prayer.
The parable: the friend at midnight
- In the parable, Jesus paints a vivid picture of a desperate situation.
- Jesus poses an extended question that anticipates an emphatic negative response.
- Jesus explains what elicits the positive response of the neighbor/friend (v8).
- So, what is the point of the parable?
Application: we can learn how to approach God with boldness by considering the actions of the host/petitioner in the parable.
- The parable calls out to us to approach God boldly, recognizing that we are desperately needy and we are completely dependent on him.
- The parable confirms that boldly approaching God requires desperation and urgency.
- The parable confirms that boldly approaching God requires that we come with an expectation that God will answer.
Listen to the podcast
Watch the video live stream
Photo credit: http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Prayer,_meditation_and_contemplation_in_Christianity
Leave a Reply