Text: Luke 19:28-39 – Jesus goes to Jerusalem ahead of the crowd…he was prepared for this event.
Jesus Travels to Jerusalem
- As they approach Jerusalem, Jesus sends his disciples ahead to get a donkey, which he has supernatural knowledge about.
- There are thousands (if not tens of thousands) of followers, praising Jesus, laying their lives down at his feet in service.
- The Pharisees tell Jesus to rebuke his disciples. He responds that if he tells them to be silent, creation itself would cry out.
- Jesus has conflicted emotions as approaches the city, and he weeps over it, with deep grief and agony.
- The people long for peace and an overthrow of the oppressive Roman government. They missed their need for a peace with God and a spiritual deliverance from their sin.
How should this story impact our hearts?
What do you see?
This is an incomparable picture of Christ’s love and mercy, and it should challenge and convict us to love and serve him and others. We should be broken by the depravity of our culture.
What are you looking for?
Do you force Jesus to fit into what you want him to be?
Listen to the Podcast
Photo credit: http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Palm_Sunday