Bible text: Ephesians 5:21-33
Love and Respect
- A wife should submit to her husband (v22-24).
Christ-focus: the body always follows the head.
- Submission is rendered – not exacted.
- Submission is not conditional.
- Submission is difficult because of fear (1 Peter 3:6)
- A husband should love his wife (v25-30).
Christ-focus: the head always acts in the best interest of the body.
- Love is a choice.
- Love is without condition.
- Love is beneficial.
- Love (and marriage) is hard work (Colossians 3:19, 1 Peter 3:7) – nourish and cherish.
Dr. Ed Wheat’s BEST formula for a superb marriage:
Edifying (build up)
What this passage is really driving at is the relationship between Christ and his church.
Watch the 2-part video stream:
Leave a Reply