Text: 1 Samuel 16:14-23 – the 14 years between David’s anointing and kingship.
The journey to the throne
- The Spirit of God had left Saul.
- The Spirit of God had come upon David.
Jesus is not only King but Poet.
- You should diligently pursue excellence in whatever you do.
“Everything that represents Jesus should have quality stamped all over it.” –Paul Dixon
- You should develop a strength of character (Ruth 3:11, Proverbs 31:10-11).
- You should be a person of action.
- You should be discerning in your speech (Proverbs 29:20-22).
- You should be pleasant in your demeanor.
Listen to the podcast
Watch the video stream:
Sermon series: The Life of David: Shepherd. Poet. Warrior. Friend. KING. See all sermons in this series.
Photo credit: http://commons.m.wikimedia.org/wiki/File:Tsminda_Sameba_(3).jpg