Text: Ephesians 6:10-20
Prevailing in the conflict
You need to accurately understand the nature of the conflict (v10-13).
- You need to understand whom you are fighting.
- You need to understand when the battle is being fought.
You need to make adequate preparations.
- The belt of truth.
- The breastplate of righteousness.
- The shoes of gospel readiness.
- The shield of faith.
- The helmet of salvation.
- The sword of the Spirit.
You need to maintain a vital connection with the supply line.
- You should pray at all times.
- You should pray with all prayer and supplication.
- You should pray with all perseverance.
- You should pray for all the saints.
Prayer is primarily a wartime walkie-talkie for the mission of the church as it advances against the powers of darkness and unbelief. It is not surprising that prayer malfunctions when we try to make it a domestic intercom to call upstairs for more comforts in the den.
God has given us prayer as a wartime walkie-talkie so that we can call headquarters for everything we need as the kingdom of Christ advances in the world. –John Piper
Listen to the podcast
Watch the livestream:
Photo credit: http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/4/46/A_Game_Of_Thrones_board_game_detail.jpg
Leave a Reply