Text: 1 Samuel 17 – David and Goliath.
The Philistines had greater numbers, as well as more advanced weaponry.
How does David point to Christ?
- He faithfully cared for the sheep.
- He was sent by his father – and obeyed.
- He provided bread for his brothers.
- He was the representative who fought on behalf of the nation.
- He did what no one else could do.
- He was an unlikely victor.
- He prevailed in an unlikely way.
When the going gets tough…
- Identity the right motivation.
- Root your identity in God.
- Don’t allow personal hurt to derail you.
- Commit to doing what is right – regardless of opposition.
- Adjust your priorities to correspond to your identity.
- Consider the true nature of the conflict.
- Resist the temptation to depend on human effort and ingenuity.
Listen to the podcast
Watch the video stream:
Sermon series: The Life of David: Shepherd. Poet. Warrior. Friend. KING. See all sermons in this series.
Photo credit: “Osmar Schindler David und Goliath”. Licensed under Public domain via Wikimedia Commons – http://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/File:Osmar_Schindler_David_und_Goliath.jpg