Text: Exodus 20:4-6
- No other gods – who we are to worship
- No carved image – how we are to worship
Sobering realities regarding our relationship with God
- A physical depiction of God isa distortion of God.
- We craft God in our own likeness when we make a physical depiction of him.
- We craft God in our own likeness when we venerate an image rather than listening to the Word.
- We craft God in our own likeness when we turn him into something we can manipulate.
- We craft God in our own likeness whenever we choose to downplay any of his attributes.
- God is passionately committed to an exclusive relationship with us (“I am a jealous God”).
- Our actions carry consequences that extend beyond ourselves. What legacy are you leaving?
- The nature of our relationship with God is revealed in our response to his commands.
Listen to the podcast
Watch the livestream:
Photo credit: http://commons.m.wikimedia.org/wiki/File:Antique_era_Caucasian_Albanian_stone_idols_in_Ichery_sheher.JPG