Obedience brought blessing to Israel; disobedience brought suffering until the people turn back to God.
Stronger Than Iron Chariots
- The LORD caused Israel to be oppressed by Jabin, king of the Canaanites, and Sisera, the commander of his army (Judges 4:1-2).
- After being cruelly oppressed for twenty years, the people cried out to the LORD for help (Judges 4:3).
- The LORD spoke through Deborah to identify Barak as the deliverer for God’s people (Judges 4:16, 23-24).
- Jael acts decisively and as a result receives commendation and honor (Judges 4:11, 17-22).
The Story Behind the Story
- The LORD is calling people to join him in his mission. Mysteriously, God chooses to use sinful men and women to accomplish his purposes.
- The LORD rewards and honors those who boldly risk and step out in obedient faith.
- There is no reward for those who remain on the sidelines.
- The opportunity for a life of significance and blessing is extended to everyone.
Jael and Barak represent all of us. When the song is sung and account is given after God’s victory at the end of time, where will your name be listed?
Listen to the Podcast
Photo credit: https://pixabay.com/en/baseball-substitute-bench-hands-454559/
Leave a Reply