It is our privilege and duty as God’s people to follow His example in loving and welcoming strangers. Through our partnership with the Refugee Resettlement Program at Bethany Christian Services, it is our goal to demonstrate the love of Christ by ensuring refugee families a safe and smooth transition into their new home in the Grand Rapids area.
During the first six months our refugee family is in the Grand Rapids area we assist Bethany by:
- Furnishing their new home with all the necessary essentials before their arrival
- Transporting the family to necessary appointments
- Helping with school enrollments for their children
- Assisting in language training with ESL tutors
- Providing friendship and advice as we assist them in becoming self-sufficient, contributing members of society
It is our further goal to build a long-term bond of friendship with our refugee families, as we continue to assist where there is need and share the love of Christ with them.