New sermon series: The Life of David: Shepherd. Poet. Warrior. Friend. KING. See all sermons in this series.
Looks can be deceiving.
Text: 1 Samuel 16:1-13
- David is pointing to the type of life that God blesses.
- David pointing to a greater King – Jesus
How can you put yourself in a position to be used by God?
- Focus more on your inside than your outside.
- Godliness (Acts 13:22)
- Integrity (1 Samuel 17:34-35, Psalm 78:70-72)
- Humility (Psalm 89:20, 1 Timothy 4:8)
- Be faithful in the little things.
- Be patient and willing to wait.
- Jesus is the Faithful Shepherd who gives his life for the sheep.
- Jesus is the Anointed One – the King through whom God will bring about the deliverance of his people.
Sermon series: The Life of David: Shepherd. Poet. Warrior. Friend. KING. See all sermons in this series.
Listen to the podcast
Watch the video stream:
Leave a Reply