Text: Exodus 20:1-3
There are different versions of the Ten Commandments (Reformed/Anglican, Roman Catholic, Lutheran, Jewish)!
- He is their (and our) redeemer and liberator.
- In short, the Ten Commandments, contrary to popular understanding, show the way of true freedom.
The First Commandment (vs 3)
- The first commandment means that God must be our top priority.
- The first commandment means that God must be our highest authority.
- The first commandment means that God must be our peace.
We have swallowed metaphysical camels of doctrine (trinity, incarnation), but we strain at moral gnats (sexual purity, gossip, anger). –Jon Marko
Listen to the podcast
Watch the livestream:
Photo credit: http://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/File:Southern-railroad-bridge-rockford-tn1.jpg